What are Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels are short-form videos, similar to TikTok, that you can create and share on Instagram. They can be up to 90 seconds long and can be recorded in a series of clips or all at once. You can add music, effects, text, and stickers to your Reels, and you can share them to your feed, your Story, or the Explore tab. So, How to Post Reels on Instagram Story Without Posting? Let’s check!
Need of posting reel on instagram story without actual posting
There could be several reasons why someone might want to create an Instagram Reel without actually posting it immediately:
- Content Planning:
Users can plan their content, create several Reels, and then decide on the best timing and order for posting.
- Consistency and Scheduling:
Maintaining a consistent posting schedule is crucial for engagement on social media. By creating Reels without posting, users can schedule content for specific times when their audience is most active.
- Quality Control:
Users should review and refine their Reels before sharing them with their followers. This allows for better quality control and the opportunity to make improvements.
- Collaborative Editing:
Collaborators or teams working on a Reel may use the “Save as Draft” feature to share the draft among team members for feedback and collaborative editing before the final posting.
- Avoiding Real-Time Posting:
Some users prefer to refrain from posting content in real-time due to various reasons such as privacy concerns, security, or wanting to maintain a curated feed.
- Strategic Timing:
Users might want to align the release of their Reel with a particular event, campaign, or promotional period, making sure it fits into their overall marketing strategy.
- Content Optimization:
Saving Reels as drafts allows creators to optimize captions, hashtags, and other details before making the content public.
- Testing Audience Response:
Creators may want to gauge the initial response to a Reel by sharing it with a select group of friends or followers before making it visible to a wider audience.
- Content Review:
Users may save drafts to review them later, ensuring they are satisfied with the content before making it public.
- Limited Access:
Creators might use drafts as a way to keep certain content private until they’re ready to share it, especially if they have a public and private account.
It’s essential to note that Instagram features and options can change over time, so users should stay informed about the latest updates and functionalities within the app.
How To Post Reels On Instagram Stories Without Posting?
To post an Instagram Reel to your Story without posting it on your feed, follow these steps:
- Begin by tapping the camera icon in the top left corner of your Instagram home screen or swipe right from anywhere in your Instagram Feed.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see options for ‘LIVE,’ ‘STORY,’ and ‘REELS.’ Tap ‘REELS’.
- Record or upload the video you want to create as a Reel.
- Once you’ve finished editing your Reel with the desired effects and music, tap the ‘Forward’ button.
- On the share screen, you’ll see two options – one for sharing to your Reels (publicly on your profile and to the Explore feed) and the other for sharing to your Story. Here’s the trick: You can select ‘Stories’ at the bottom of the screen to share it only with your Story and not with your Reels.
Remember, sharing a Reel to your Story means it will disappear after 24 hours, just like a regular story. It will not appear on your profile or in the Explore feed.
After following these steps, your Instagram Reel will be live on your Story for all of your followers to see without being posted publicly on your profile. You can also save it as a highlight on your profile if you want to keep it for longer than 24 hours.
Keep in mind that Instagram Reels are still subject to the community guidelines, so make sure your content follows their rules and regulations before posting.
Creating a great Instagram Story involves a mix of creativity, engagement, and strategic content. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Plan Your Story:
Determine the purpose of your Story. Is it to share an event, promote a product, engage with followers, or share a personal moment? Planning helps maintain coherence.
- Engaging Visuals:
Use high-quality photos and videos. Experiment with different formats, like Boomerangs, time-lapse videos, or stop motion. Add text, stickers, or drawings to enhance visuals.
- Create a Narrative:
Storytelling is key. Arrange your content to form a narrative. Start with an attention-grabbing opening, take your audience through a journey, and end with a strong call to action or conclusion.
- Use Features:
Leverage interactive features like polls, questions, quizzes, or countdowns to engage your audience. Use location tags, hashtags, or mentions to increase visibility.
Maintain consistency in your Stories. Use similar filters, fonts, or color schemes to establish your brand identity.
Encourage action by including a clear call-to-action. It could be to swipe up for more, visit a link in the bio, answer a question, or participate in a poll.
- Variety and Timing:
Post at different times to reach a wider audience. Experiment with various content types – behind-the-scenes, tutorials, testimonials, or user-generated content to keep it diverse.
- Engage with Your Audience:
Respond to messages, comments, or interactions promptly. Engaging with your audience fosters a sense of community.
- Utilise Highlights:
Archive your best Stories into Highlights on your profile. This extends their lifespan beyond the 24-hour limit, allowing new followers to see your top content.
- Analyse Insights:
Utilise Instagram Insights to understand your audience’s behavior, peak engagement times, and the type of content that resonates most. Adjust your strategy accordingly.
How to Create an Instagram Reel?
To create an Instagram Reel, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the + button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Reel” from the bottom menu.
- Tap and hold the capture button to record your video. You can also tap the button once to start recording and tap it again to stop recording.
- To add music to your Reel, tap the music icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. You can choose from a library of songs, or you can upload your audio.
- To add effects to your Reel, tap the effects icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. There are a variety of effects to choose from, including filters, AR effects, and transitions.
- To add text to your Reel, tap the text icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can add text to any part of your video.
- To add stickers to your Reel, tap the stickers icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. There are a variety of stickers to choose from, including emojis, GIFs, and hashtags.
- Once you’re happy with your Reel, tap the share button in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can share your Reel to your feed, your Story, or the Explore tab.
Tips for Creating Great Instagram Reels
- Use high-quality video. The better your video quality, the better your Reel will look.
- Keep it short and sweet. Reels are meant to be watched in a short amount of time, so keep your videos under 90 seconds.
- Be creative. Use the editing tools to make your Reel unique and engaging.
- Use trending hashtags. This will help people discover your Reel.
- Collaborate with other creators. This is a great way to get more exposure for your Reels.
Here are some examples of how people are using Instagram Reels:
- To share their talents.
- To promote their businesses.
- To connect with their followers on a personal level.
- To have fun and be creative.
Instagram Stories offer several benefits to users
- Temporary Content:
Stories disappear after 24 hours, allowing users to share more casual, ephemeral content without cluttering their profile.
They encourage engagement through features like polls, questions, quizzes, and swipe-up links, allowing for direct interaction with followers.
Stories offer various creative tools like stickers, filters, text, and drawing tools, enabling users to express themselves in fun and unique ways.
Stories appear prominently at the top of the Instagram feed, giving them prime visibility and increasing the likelihood of followers seeing your content.
Users with a business profile can access insights to track views, interactions, and other metrics, providing valuable data on audience engagement.
Stories can be used to cross-promote other content, such as posts, IGTV videos, or live streams, driving traffic to different parts of your profile.
- Real-Time Updates:
They allow for real-time updates, making them ideal for sharing live events, behind-the-scenes content, or daily updates.
- Fostering Connection:
Stories often feel more personal, helping users connect on a more authentic level by sharing moments from their day-to-day lives.