Last Updated on December 5, 2022
YouTube monetization refers to the term used when you earn money through YouTube as it starts giving cash for your videos.
When does YouTube start paying the user?
Advertisers pay for slots in the course of the preview of the video, a percentage of which is shared between the user and YouTube. For making money through YouTube, specific rules and guidelines are to be followed that come under ‘YouTube Monetization.’
- Four thousand watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Minimum 1000 subscribers on your channel.
- Follow all YouTubemonetisation policies.
- Having an AdSense account.
Choosing YouTube as a source of income has been unpredictable, unreliable, and unprevented due to various factors. The content created is catered not only to appropriate viewers but also to the demands of advertisers and their prioritization.
You must follow the YPP (YouTube Partner Program) to be a part of YouTube monetization. Then you can earn money through various sources such as ads, YouTube Premium, your channel membership, Super Thanks, Super chats & stickers.
In recent years, YouTube has become a popular platform for people to share their videos and monetize their content. Here are a few tips on monetizing your YouTube channel on mobile. To gain the YouTube monetization policy through mobile, you have to follow the given steps: –
- Sign up on YouTube.
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- On the left-hand side, select Content.
- Select your content/video.
- Subsequent select monetization on the left-hand side menu.
- Next, choose which type of ad to run on your channel.
- Click on the save button.
To monetize your YouTube channel, you must get accepted into the YouTube Partner Programme. Then you will get access to some features of monetization, such as:
- Ads – to get money through ads, you have to be 18+ or have a legal guardian so that they can handle your payments through an AdSense account. AdSense helps in earning money through your videos. To be eligible for AdSense, your channel must have at least 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. Your content should be friendly to the content guidelines of the advertiser.
- Channel membership – the first criterion is above 18 years of age. You must live in a country or a reason where channel memberships are available. The channel is not specifically made for kids and does not contain only a significant number of videos.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers – you must live in a region where this facility is available. Super Chat is a feature that allows viewers to pay to have their messages highlighted in the chat box. You can set your price for Super Chat and earn money every time someone pays to have their notice featured.
- Super Thanks – your country/region must have these facilities, and you must be above 18 years.
- Shopping– You must have more than 1000 subscribers, or you can be an official artist channel. Sell products or services through your channel. If you have a product or service that interests your YouTube audience, you can sell it through your medium. Your medium includes links to purchase items in the description of your videos or set up a separate website where people can buy things from you.
- YouTube Premium account– Or you can create content that YouTube premier subscribers view.
Monetize your YouTube channel on mobile
YouTube offers a variety of ways for you to make money from your channel on mobile. You can sell products and services, become an affiliate, or accept donations.
You’ll need to set up a PayPal account to sell products and services on YouTube. Once you have a PayPal account, you can add a “Buy Now” button to your videos. When viewers click the button, they’ll be taken to PayPal’s website, where they can complete the purchase. Once accepted into the program, you can add product links to your videos. When viewers click on given links and make a purchase, they’ll earn money.
As the second most popular website in the world, YouTube has over a billion users. Many of these users are content creators who have turned their passion into a career by monetizing their YouTube channels.
In conclusion, if you want to monetize your YouTube channel on mobile, you can do a few things. First, create high-quality content that will attract an audience. Second, use effective keywords in your titles and descriptions to make your videos more searchable. Finally, consider using advertising or sponsored content to generate income from your channel. With creative thinking, you can monetize your YouTube channel on mobile and start making money from your videos.