Discover how to view your liked YouTube shorts with ease. Follow our simple, step-by-step guide to navigate effortlessly.
YouTube Shorts, the platform’s latest bite-sized video feature, provides a quick and easy way to engage with content creators. As you watch and like these shorts, you might wonder how to revisit your liked videos. To view your liked YouTube Shorts, you need to follow a slightly different process compared to viewing regular YouTube videos. This guide will walk you through the steps to easily navigate your way to your favorite shorts, ensuring that you never lose track of your favorite bite-sized content. Whether you’re new to YouTube Shorts or a frequent user, this guide will make the process of revisiting your liked content a breeze.
How To See YouTube-Liked Shorts?
There are two ways to see your liked YouTube Shorts, depending on whether you’re using the YouTube app on a mobile device or a computer:
On the YouTube app:
- Open the YouTube app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on the Library tab in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Under the Playlists section, tap on Liked videos.
- Now, you’ll see all the videos you’ve liked on YouTube, including Shorts.
- To filter and view only your liked Shorts, tap on the Shorts tab at the top of the screen. This will hide all regular videos and show only the Shorts you’ve liked.
On a computer:
- Go to the YouTube website and make sure you’re signed in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Watch History from the menu.
- On the Watch history page, click on the Liked videos filter in the left sidebar.
This will show you all the videos you’ve liked on YouTube, including Shorts. However, there’s currently no way to filter just Shorts on the web version.
1. YouTube Shorts Tab:
Check if there is a specific “Shorts” tab on the YouTube app or website. YouTube might have introduced a dedicated section for Shorts that includes your liked Shorts.
2. YouTube Studio:
- Access YouTube Studio (studio.youtube.com) from a web browser.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Videos.”
- Look for a filter or search option to filter by liked videos, and check for a specific category for Shorts.
3. Mobile App:
- On the YouTube app, tap on your profile picture.
- Look for an option like “Your data in YouTube” or “Your data.”
- Check if there is a section for “Liked Shorts” or something similar.
4. YouTube Search:
- Open the YouTube app or website.
- Use the search bar to search for “Liked Shorts” or a similar query. Sometimes, YouTube provides direct links to specific playlists or categories.
5. Community and Help Forums:
Visit the YouTube Help Community or official forums where users often share tips and solutions. YouTube staff or experienced users might provide guidance on finding liked Shorts.
6. App Updates:
Ensure that you have the latest version of the YouTube app installed. App updates often come with new features or changes in the interface.
7. Contact YouTube Support:
If you’re unable to find a solution, consider reaching out to YouTube support directly for assistance. They may provide specific guidance based on the current version of the platform.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind regarding liked Shorts on YouTube
- Interface Changes:
YouTube’s interface and features are subject to change. Keep an eye out for any updates or changes in the way Shorts are accessed. YouTube may introduce dedicated sections or tabs for Shorts over time. If you’re using the YouTube app on an iPhone, your liked Shorts will be mixed in with your liked regular videos in the Liked videos playlist. There’s currently no way to filter them separately on iOS.
- Playlist Management:
Liked Shorts may be organized into playlists. Check your playlists, including the default “Liked videos” playlist, for any specific playlists related to Shorts.
- Search and Filters:
Use the search and filter options on YouTube to look for liked Shorts specifically. There might be a dedicated filter for Shorts in the library or history sections.
- Shorts Shelf:
YouTube may have a dedicated Shorts shelf where you can find Shorts content, including liked Shorts. Look for this shelf in your YouTube app.
- YouTube Studio:
Check YouTube Studio for any specific features related to liked Shorts. YouTube Studio often provides more detailed insights and management options for your content.
- App Updates:
Ensure that your YouTube app is up to date. App updates can introduce new features and improvements. Keeping the app updated may help you access the latest functionalities.
- Community and Help Resources:
Visit the YouTube Help Community or official forums to see if other users have encountered similar issues or have tips on finding liked Shorts. YouTube’s support forums can be a valuable resource.
- Privacy Settings:
Make sure that your liked videos and Shorts are set to a privacy setting that allows you to view them. If your liked Shorts are set to private, you may not be able to see them in public playlists or library sections.
Accessing your liked YouTube Shorts may not be as straightforward as finding regular liked videos, but by using the methods outlined above, you can navigate to them with ease. As YouTube continues to evolve, the process may change, so stay updated with the platform’s interface and features. Ensure your app is always up to date, remember to use the YouTube community for help, and don’t hesitate to contact YouTube support for assistance. Remember, the key to finding your liked Shorts lies in exploring the varied features of YouTube and keeping abreast of updates.