YouTube monetization allows you to earn money through your YouTube channel. Your YouTube channel should fulfill all the requirements to get monetized, and for the monetization process, the requirements are your channel should have 1k subscribers and 4k hours of watch time; if your channel fulfills this requirement, then only you can apply for monetization.
YouTube monetization policies allow you to monetize on YouTube.
Ways to get monetize
- You must live in a country or a region where YouTube partner programs are available.
- Make sure that you abide by YouTube policies when you are posting your videos. So stay clear of any content that features violence, nudity, and swear words. Please keep it clean and use your judgment as well. Always ask yourself if this is the kind of content that people love to watch and that advertisers would want to advertise on. If the answer is no, do not post the video; instead, make it more advertiser-friendly, so basically, keep it clean and professional.
- Keep posting consistently until you reach 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of public watch hour within the last 12 months or even after that. Public watch hour means that your private and unlisted videos do not count. Your videos need to be public to qualify for the monetization policies and within the last 12 months means it is a rolling 12 months; it’s not like ever it means always within the last 12 months, you have to hit 4000 hours of watch time and once you qualify you to need to maintain the watch hours within the last 12 months. You can keep track of your watch hours and subscriber numbers by going to your YouTube home page.
Once you have accepted the program terms and set up your Google account, you need to set up a YouTube Channel and Google AdSense account. Once your channel gets monetization preferences set up, then your channel goes into a review after you hit the targets of 1k subscribers and 4k hours of watch time, and then you apply to get reviewed. You also need to set up an AdSense account for your payments, and then later, you will connect that AdSense account to your YouTube channel. A key thing here is you really want to make sure that you only have one AdSense account.
You must think that after fulfilling all the requirements to monetize, you will get paid by YouTube, So all payments are issued through your AdSense account. To receive payment through your AdSense account, you need to clarify all things related to payments, like updating your social security number, you need to update your tax info, and you need to make sure your address is verified and all other personal details like bank details, Adhaar number, and email. You should keep in mind that after even getting monetized, you need to maintain that 4k hours of watch time of your content.
So how can you connect money from YouTube so that after reaching and completing all the requirements, you may be eligible for checks and electronic funds transfer, and the money gets transferred into your business bank account? The amount YouTube will pay you depends upon your ad views. When you look at your analytics, there is a difference between a view and an ad view. Ads don’t always play, so you get paid when someone actually views an ad. YouTube splits the revenue with creators. Google’s revenue share percentage is 45-55 split, so google takes 45% of YouTube advertising, and you get 55%.
Ways to check YouTube Monetization on YouTube on mobile.
- You can keep track of your watch hours and subscribers numbers by going to your YouTube home page.
- Click on manage videos and scroll down; then, when you click on monetization, this is where you can access that information whether your channel is monetized or not.
- You can also ask YouTube to notify you once you are eligible to apply.
Tips for growing your channel on YouTube
- Research before you create your content. Doing keyword research is going to allow you to be really strategic with the content that you are creating. It is going to allow you to know that there is a demand and know that people actually want the content that you are going to create before you create it. This will help you to attract new viewers and audiences and help you to increase subscribers.
- Engage as much as possible. Always remember that every viewer on the other end is a real person. The more you connect and engage with them as much as possible, the deeper the relationship you will build with them, and the more they know you and like and trust you will build with them. The more they want to come back and consume more of your content, the faster your channel will grow, and the more your subscribers will grow. So when you release a video, your goal should be in the first 24 to 48 hours to get as many of the right people on your video as possible. Also, to engage and interact with them as much as possible as well.
- The thumbnail strategy is super important. It would be best if you had an attractive, engaging, attention-grabbing thumbnail to get clicked. The best case scenario with your thumbnail images is having people easily being able to know what your video is about just from looking at the thumbnail image.