Last Updated on November 25, 2022
Digital media have been a great source of income nowadays.
Let’s discuss YouTube, the largest video-making company.
YouTube has more than 2.3 billion users worldwide and generated $19.7 billion in revenue in 2020 and an approximate increase of 30.4 percent.
YouTube has become a great source of income for all categories of people specializing in any field. It has created the platform for expanding the horizon of improvising, showcasing, and earning through skill and talent.
YouTube has paid nearly $ 30 billion to various influencers, creators, artists, and all media organizations. Since then, few YouTubers have crossed the number of subscribers, pay-income which many creators saw as impossible to reach. The pandemic and the covid crisis have only paced YouTube’s growth in India.
How to earn money on YouTube?
YouTube and other social media platforms are excellent sources of income nowadays. We can earn money on YouTube by applying for YouTube Partners’ program. It enables creators to monetize their videos and channels. Advertising revenue, channel memberships, Monthly subscription, YouTube premium revenue, and shorts bonuses (only if you are eligible for it).
How to get eligible for YouTube Partners Program?
To be considered eligible, you should have registered YouTube channel that has :
- Four thousand public views in the last 12 months.
- More than 10,000 Subscribers.
Ways to make money on YouTube
- ADVERTISING REVENUE
When someone sees a display, overlay, or any picture, audio, or video advertisement on a channel, YouTubers receive ad revenue from it.
- CHANNEL MEMBERSHIPS
On offering a monthly membership facility, your subscribers make a monthly payment in return for exclusive perks and incentives.
- YouTube PREMIUM REVENUE
You can also monetize through YouTube by receiving YouTube Premium Subscription when they view your video.
Again, many factors affect your earnings through YouTube, including
- Nature your content, whether it is educational content or entertainment promotional videos.
- The Audience you are targeting, whether it is for the younger Generation, kids, homemakers, couples, or any job aspirant.
- Frequency means how frequently you upload your content, weekly, daily, or quarterly.
- Competitive channels focus on how others influence their target audience and their position in online Marketing scope.
What is the earned YouTube money on 20 million views?
YouTube pays its creators only when they have been approved and monetized, and it is different for different categories.
The following parameters are used to ascertain your earnings amount by YouTube:
- The number of advert views: The amount received for the number of advert views is technically known as CPM. Nowadays, marketing and promotional companies such as Google and YouTube pay for every 1000 views to make it trackable and easier. The amount depends on the niche in which the video has been created. For example- a gaming YouTuber will receive $4 for his gaming videos which are different from any other.
- The number of advert clicks: Every time a viewer clicks on the link to the advertiser’s or channel’s site, YouTube pays you a certain amount of money, and the second payment measure is called CPC.
If you have more than 1 million views on your videos, you will have estimated earnings of Rs.7000 to Rs.30,000 in India. But earnings always come with uncertainty and unpredictability; sometimes, numbers can be completely different from the estimates. It may also broadly vary in categories; for comedy, it can be between Rs.22,000 and Rs.30,000; for gaming, it can be between Rs.7000 and Rs.14000.
If you have more than 20 million views, you can earn up to approximately $12000.